Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Our Third Stop - Kenya 2019

Romans 4:17


As it is written, "I have made you a father of many nations" in the presence of Him whom he believed God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did."
Linus in class~
Part of being a missionary is trusting the Holy Spirit to direct your paths.  After we have been spent a week in the Central District, Kent & I will pack our bags.  Next stop will be the Eastern District, directed by Pastor Victor.  The trip consists of a 4-5 hour van ride to Nairobi, an overnight stay in Nairobi, a flight to Mombasa and another Van ride to Kilifi. If every goes right we will be in Kilifi for church on Sunday. 
Pastor Victor~
I first met Pastor Victor, the director of the district, as a Bible School student in Meru in 2008. We were reacquainted on the last trip in 2018. He told me a story of how he became a Pastor and the Director of the Eastern District. It is one of my favorite testimonies of all time.

Pastor Victor and many others in Kenya call me "General Linus". I've met former students all over the world who tell me; "You said something to me & it changed my life." Victor - I believe has the best story I've heard. "To call those things that are not as though they were." Here is the story from 2008.

Victor's Testimony -

"Linus when you came to Meru in 2008 I was one of the students in the Bible school in Meru. You told us about Romans 4:17 to call those things that are not as though they were. I began doing this is 2008. When I heard these words, I began to act on my faith and began saying what the Holy Spirit was showing me."

I asked Pastor Victor, "What happened?" I was expecting him to tell the rest of the story. Victor waited a long while for the promise, surprising even me.

"Nothing happened for eight years, but I kept calling those things that are not as though they were. I became a Pastor & in the next year Mike asked me to be the regional director. Then a man came and gave me money to build my church building. It took ten-years and you are in the building today which began in my heart ten years ago." Thank you Linus for helping me understand faith. 

Victor's class, where he heard the message of faith~
What a testimony from a Bible school student who believed God enough for ten-years. Holding something in his heart & seeing it come to pass ten years later. It continues to grow for Pastor Victor.
Pat & Mike Heisler~
I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the Eastern District. I am full for belief that future leaders will come forth and be trained. Soon to do what Pastor Victor has done over the past ten-years. We will revisit the schools to train a new group of leaders, to write the next chapter for the Eastern District.
Director's Obed, Victor & Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment