Sunday, December 23, 2018

Introduction to Healing Scriptures~


After 40 years of ministry all over the world. I've seen many instant healings in our ministry, I've also seen many sick people. Prayed for people who were healed instantly and prayed for people who never recovered.

There are three elements in the healing process, the one who is praying, the one who needs healing and God the one who made us all. He put the parts together and knows us better than we know ourselves.

God wants us healed more than we want a healing. The people praying sometimes are not aware of what they possess in the area of healing because of a lack of knowledge. The one being prayed for doesn't know he is already healed. There can be several reasons why people are not healed but I'm sure of one thing. God isn't the problem. When people tell me God is trying to teach them something through a sickness or affliction it saddens my heart.

The root of all sickness can be found in the scripture John 10:10. "The thief only comes to steal, kill and destroy. God has come that you may have life and have it more abundantly." God seems to have gotten a bad rap because a lack of knowledge.

I remember on the Georgia, Florida boarder when God asked us to come back to Glenwood, Iowa, the place where we were born again. I struggled with that decision for many miles before I told Kay, "I believe God wants us to move back to Glenwood." I didn't know why, Glenwood was a great place to visit on Homecoming weekend, but we didn't think we would ever come back to finish our work in our ministry.

It has taken a few years to see the purpose of coming home. Much like a Hallmark movie, (Kay loves them) the characters struggle with coming back home. They go home, find people like them, there’s a crisis, and then the happy ending.

It was much like this for me. Kay loved being back home, but I struggled. It seemed a prophet in his own home town is without honor. We had traveled the world with our hair on fire, working in many different countries & setting up bible schools all over the world. Returning to Glenwood was like my world had stopped.

Then we started the Gathering Place, a small coffee shop and I started to watch Glenwood pass by and listened to what people were saying. We became reacquainted with many of our old friends and a bunch of new ones. The Gathering Place was not an instant hit, but God always pulled us through during the lean times. Now, after seven years we are seeing the purpose of why we started the Gathering Place. Many people think it is a coffee shop, but if you look at it a little closer you might see the bigger picture. It is a ministry but people don't see the ministry they see the great food we serve here. I have a saying you have to feed them first in the flesh, then you can feed their spirit man.

It has been like a spiritual awakening for many in the community. We have met some very key people who have helped us at the Gathering Place. They see it as Kay and I do- as a ministry not a coffee shop. Clarence was the first to recognize what the Gathering Place was, then Peggy, then the girls of Kay's Friday Morning Bible Study. It has been exciting to see a customer come in with a cane and walk out totally healed.

When Butch and Connie wandered in one October day, we built our relationship over lunches. They had just moved from WA state & bought a house in Glenwood, over the internet, sight unseen. They didn’t know anyone & were remodeling their kitchen, so we ate a lot of meals with them over the next few months. 

Linus & Butch  "Pete & re-Pete"
Butch can fix anything, Connie was a horsewoman and we began to help each other. Kay and I downsized and Butch fixed everything that needed fixing.  Both in the house we sold & in our new home. Connie's horse needed a fence, Kay & I helped with the fence. We enjoy helping each other with different projects.

Connie had a blog and I really liked how it looked. I had written about our adventures, but nothing had been published. I asked Connie to build & manage a blog for us. She had many ideas and now is doing a great job of managing the Blog.

Connie sent her horse back to Washington. She was having some health issues and then Butch started having Gall Bladder attacks. The big crisis in their life now, is their Grandson Mason, who had always had some health issues. Now, he has a new health challenge & will be in & out of the hospital over the next weeks. Butch asked me to write some scripture that would be helpful to Mason and his parents.

I began writing to Mason and his family Healing Scriptures. Several other friends were dealing with fights for their health. Then God spoke to me about writing a blog about Healing Scriptures, to teach people not about Healing but how to learn how to walk the road to Divine Health. God wants you healthy. It's not about what you eat physically, this is about what you eat spiritually, to learn the promises God has already given you. All you must do is accept what He has already done for you. It is called God's Grace, a free gift given to you when Jesus died on the cross for you.

HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY TO DIVINE HEALT
H!!

1 comment:

  1. I’ve never read a blog before and don’t know if this is a private comment or a public one but I am SO THANKFUL TO HAVE FOUND IT! I always knew this ministry is God’s own work and blessing. I’m so thankful! Thank you and bless you

    ReplyDelete